Thursday, July 29, 2010

Journey of a Lifetime

Ok, so it’s been a couple of days since I have posted. It has been a rough couple of days for Logan. The doctors said Logan id definitely engrafting. Unfortunately for Logan, the means he feels awful. Sunday I posted a blog talking about his fever. His fever got worse on Monday. It got up to 105 and his heart was racing so fast, 200 beats per minute, and he needed blow-by oxygen. But all of that is normal when you start to engraft. Monday was the worst day we have had since we have been here, and I hope it never gets worse than that. Tylenol didn’t work to bring his fever down, so they brought in a cooling blanket for him to lie on. I don’t think it really worked but I think it made him more comfortable. The doctors finally started him on steroids Monday night, and by midnight his fever went down and his heart rate slowed. Tuesday he was happy and playful. Than on Wednesday he was very agitated and you could tell he wasn’t feeling very well, he had a low fever, but by that night his heart rate was fast again and he had a high fever. Billy stayed with him. Billy stayed with him last night and said it was a really bad night. His heart rate was already high, and then they decided to start him a blood pressure med that makes your heart rate go up, so it got up to about 215. This morning when I got here I asked to give Logan some more Tylenol. It worked and right now he has no fever and his heart rate isn't out of control. He hasn't had a fever since ten this morning. The doctors said that if he spikes a fever again they are going to give him a bigger dose of steroids. I am crossing my fingers that will not happen.The best news I have today is that Logan's WBC is now up to 0.3!!! I am hoping it will stay that way or even go up by tomorrow. They put his labs out at seven every morning, and I am running out there to snatch them up. :-) GROW CELLS GROW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment