Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day -8


Logan has not been feeling a hundred percent today. Of course you can't expect someone on chemotherapy to feel great. I think all the medicine has had time to get through his system. He got up and did a couple of laps around the floor and he played some basketball. Most of the day he just wanted to lay down and rest. One good thing is that he hasn't been nauseous. He does have a low fever, but he's fine with it. Usually when Logan gets sick his fever runs in the 104 range. The only thing that worries me is he wont eat or drink anything. He ate a huge breakfast this morning, since then he hasn't wanted a thing. I think his neck might be sore from the central line and it might be hard to swallow.

We decorated Logan's room and it feels a little more homey now, as much as a hospital room can anyway. We put a big longhorn symbol on Logan's door. Four doors down from us there is a family with Austin and Longhorn stuff on their door, I want to meet them!
Three kids got discharged today! I am so happy for those families. Whenever a child gets discharged they have a really cute parade. Everyone comes out and lines up in the hall, the kids being discharged and their families walk in the middle, and everyone throws confetti and cheers for them. I'm probably going to cry like crazy when it's our turn. But that's not for at least another two and half months.
I am at the hospital tonight and Billy is going to the apartment. He didn't get any rest. I'm sure he is looking forward to the bed. Well, I'm done for tonight. Hopefully Logan will feel a little bit better tomorrow, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that.

Logan's room, after we decorated.

Logan's Door, we are still going to add more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Logan, Hi Mommy and Daddy!!!
    I love the picture of Logan with the big smile on his face. I have been assured practically all of Tennessee, Ohio, and New Jersey are sending lots of prayers and warm, healing thoughts your way. Love you guys, Granny

    ReplyDelete