Sunday, July 25, 2010

Love is all, all is love.

Yesterday the Hendrick Pit Crew came to the floor to visit all the kids. They brought them each a huge bag of toys. Logan loves the toys he got! He wasn't feeling very good when they came in the morning, but in the afternoon he was up to playing, and he just couldn't get enough of his new toys. It was so nice of them to come by and see the kids.
I have to say this whole experience, as horrible as it is, has opened my eyes to how kind people can be. We have had so much support from everyone, our family, our friends, and complete strangers. I think I used to be a little cynical before this, I'm not sure why but I thought that people just cared about themselves. But now I think that most people are kind and thoughtful. People really do care about other people, and that makes me so happy.
So the past two days Logan has had a fever that just wont go away. It was a low fever until this evening, when it's 103. However, the doctors are not worried at all. As a matter of fact they are smiling about it. He also has a rash, and needed blow-by oxygen last night. Now why on earth would the doctors be smiling about this?
Well all of these are signs of engraftment, the cells are growing! We wont know for sure until Logan's white blood count is up to .5, today it was at 0. When he gets up to .5 and stays, they will calculate his ANC and if its above 500 three times then it's official! So we will be watching this week, of course it may not happen until next week, we will see.
One thing that's good about this is even with a 103 fever Logan is still comfortable. He just lays their all relaxed with his hands behind his head and legs crossed, like it's no big deal. I know if I had a fever like that I would be so uncomfortable. But so far everything is going well and Logan is right on track. If he is engrafting then he is ahead, which is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated on Logan's progress, Noelle. Poor little buddy has been through so much, my heart aches for him and for both of you. I am awaiting the good news of engraftment!! And so it is. Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying those cells are growing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete