Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day -5

Today Logan started a new chemotherapy. It's called Cytoxin. Cytoxin interferes with the growth of rapidly dividing cells like cancer cells and can surpress the immune system. He also has to take something called Mesna with the chemotherapy to help protect the bladder because the Cytoxin leaves the body through the urine. Unlike the other chemotherapy he was on, he only has to take Cytoxin once a day. The Cytoxin hit him pretty hard today. About 20 minutes after receiving hit he had really bad diarrhea. But it was only one time. He has been super nauseous all day. He's been throwing up a lot. He hasn't eaten or drank anything since Friday, but no one is concerned about that. His nurse unhooked him from his lines today for about thirty minutes so he could have some freedom, but as soon as we got him up he threw up.
He got his dressing around his central line changed today and he just laid there and let them work. Billy and I were shocked. I think it's because he is just so weak he doesn't have the mental or physical strength to fight.
Last night Logan got a low fever, but they don't give the kids medicine for their first fever, because they want to see if the fever is going to spike. His fever didn't. It when down within an hour. They did take a blood culture to make sure there is no infection, so far they have seen nothing. The'll let it grow for seven days to see. Hopefully there is nothing. I can't imagine how he would get an infection, I have become more of a clean freak then I was before. I went and bought my own disinfectant stuff to keep in the room. My hands are so dry, I think I wash my hands every five minutes.:)
When I look at Logan laying there in bed and seeing how awful he feels, I feel so bad. I mean Billy and I are the ones who choose to put him through all of this. I wonder, is it worth it? I know it will be, it's just hard seeing my child suffer. Well tomorrow is a new day, maybe Logan will feel a little better.I thought this picture was really cute. We were about to give him a bath but he was to tired to sit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment