Monday, August 2, 2010

Right on track!

Today, August 1, 2010, Logan has officially engrafted! Saturday his WBC jumped from .1 to .7 so they went ahead and calculated his ANC and it was 518. Day two his WBC was .8 and his ANC was 840. Today, day three, his WBC is 1.0 and his ANC is 810. Since it was over 500 three days is a row he is officially engrafted. Everyone is pretty excited, even the nurses are. They made Logan a Wubbzy engraftment sign. Logan is feeling so much better, no more fevers, not a whole lot of pain. The mucositis is going away. He did have bone pain though. The nurses said when the cells grow so fast the kids get bone pain, and the only medicine that helps it is Tylenol. We gave him some Tylenol and he is fine. He is out of bed more now. He is not happy about it, his legs are still week from being in bed so much.
I wish we could take him walking in the halls so he can get some exercise and it would be good for his lungs. But we are stuck in this stinking room. Thats the worst thing about being here. We are stuck in this room and can't go anywhere, I hate it. What really sucks is watching all these people who are not on droplet isolation walk around where ever they want. I feel like a dang lepper. But that's the only thing I will really complain about because everything else is going so great.
One thing that's very exciting is that they are going to start decreasing Logan's steroids. I loved the steroids at first because they brought down Logan's fever and made him feel better. But now I hate them, they make him the spawn of Satan. About two days after he was put on them I was like, "Who are you and what have you done with my sweet little boy?" I can't even describe to you the roid rage he has. He screams at every nurse or doctor that comes near him. He just figured out he can kick us. The nurse said it's like PMS x10. I'm going to have to agree with that.
Everything is going well so far. All I can say is that we are blessed, and life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Noelle! I'm so happy for Logan! They tried to put me on steroids--long term--and that ended in a real big hurry!!! Poor guy... I'm glad they are lowering it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! I had to stay in a hospital room in isolation with Erica for 3 days when she was about 2 1/2. It was awful. I can't imagine having to do it for weeks. Poor little guy, on top of the steroids he's probably getting cabin fever (and I guess you are too). Hope that eventually they let you all get out and about.

    ReplyDelete