Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day what....I lost count :)

I'm going to start this post off by telling you a little story about Aiden that mom told me. This will really make you laugh! The other day Aiden asked mom why girls boobs are so much bigger then boys. Mom told him you don't really have boobs you have pecks. Aiden was like why do girls have boobs. Mom explained to him that girls get milk in them so they can feed their babies. So Aiden stood there for a second deep in thought, and then said well I want yellow orange juice in mine! This made me laugh so hard. By the way, Aiden refuses to call orange juice anything but yellow orange juice. According to him orange juice is yellow not orange.
Austin decided that he would take his diaper off and pee on the floor in his room. Oh my little trouble maker. I miss him so much. I can find that funny because I am not there to clean up the mess. I know that's just awful behavior, but you have to wonder what on earth was going through his head when he did it. Was anything even going through his head? The boys are doing so great, every time I talk to them they seem so happy. I am so glad that they don't miss us too much. I don't want them to be sad all the time.

Today we found out Logan's test came back positive for the Para Flu. On the last post I was pretty sure that it would come back positive. After so many days of it coming back negative I thought just maybe he didn't have it. The good news is he is not getting any worse, his cough actually sounds a little better. The thing that really sucks for Logan is now that he has tested positive he will not be allowed out of his room until the day he is discharged. So we have to try to get his exercise in this tiny little room. And the parents are not allowed leave the room unless they are leaving or coming on to the floor. We are not allowed in the kitchen, connection room, playroom, lounge, or any of the bathrooms. The floor is so quiet now, none of the kids are out playing, it's pretty sad. But they have to do what they think is best for the kids.
Logan's hair started falling out yesterday. He started pulling it out himself once he noticed, so we buzzed his head. Today I got a lint roller and got quite a bit out. He has a bunch of bald patches now. Having no hair makes his eyes look huge, I think he looks pretty darn cute! He has so much energy these past couple of days, it really has been nice. He plays and laughs. He does have full blown mucositis now but he is on a PCA pump. We are able to keep hes pain under control.
A lot of things have changed since we have been here, it hasn't been the greatest, but we are making the best out of it. The only thing I hope for now is for this stupid flu to pass and for the cells to grow.
GROW CELLS GROW!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny, Noelle! It's great that Aiden and Austin are doing fine...I bet they're giving your folks a run for the money!! Glad to see Logan playing and talking. Do you know how long he'll be in the hospital, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure anymore. They say the average is two months after transplant. But if this stupid flu holds on...who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did what Austin did when I was about his age... only I went to get my sister and told her to,

    "watch this!"

    My mom tells the story all the time, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete